Standards and Technologies.
- What is SOA?
- Service Orientation
- Business Process Vs Service.
- Choreography of Services.
Java Web Services and technologies
- XML – Extensible Markup Language
- DTD–DocumentType Definitions.
- XSD – XML Schema Document.
- XSLT – XML Style sheet transformation.
XML Processing APIs
- Simple Type API for XML (SAX)
- Document Object Model (DOM)
- Java API for XML Processing (JAXP)
- Java API for XML Binding (JAXB)
- Java API for XML Remote Procedure call (JAX - RPC)
- Primary elements in a WSDL document
- Abstract and concrete definitions in a WSDL document
- Messaging modes for web services
- XML schema in a WSDL document
- Web Service Endpoints and Clients
- Use of SOAP in web services
- Primary elements of a SOAP message
- Transmission of binary data in a SOAP message
- Extensibility features of SOAP
- Role of message handlers
- Messaging styles in a SOAP message
- Encoding styles in a SOAP message
- Protocol binding of a SOAP message
- Functions of the UDDI registry
- Elements of a UDDI registry
- UDDI APIs Overview.
- Choosing a Communication Technology
- Web services based client applications
- Developing client applications
SOAP With Attachments API for Java (SAAJ)
- Relationship between SAAJ and DOM
- Create and manipulate a SOAP message
- Create and manipulate a SOAP message with attachments.
REST Ful Web Services.
WS –I Profiles.
Design Patterns in Web Services.
- Digital Signatures
- Authentication and Authorization
- Message – Level web services security.